Recorded immediately after the epic win over Milan, Mike and Adam join stand-in host Lars to discuss what is comfortably the most significant victory in the past two years from a Bianconeri standpoint. With Aaron and Marco unavailable for different reasons (although the latter does drop in halfway through the episode), the three look at the manner in which Antonio Conte’s men not only beat the reigning Serie A champions, but dominated them from the first minute until the last.
In addition to Juve’s great tactical display, the topics of discussion include:
- The brilliance of Claudio Marchisio;
- The supreme display of Juve’s three big defenders as Giorgio Chiellini put in a heroic shift at left-back, Leonardo Bonucci came in from the cold, and Andrea Barzagli gave another of his commanding displays;
- Mirko Vucinic‘s starring role up front, which draws him special praise (although given the magnitude of the match it’s just typical ‘Big Game Mirko’);
- Milos Krasic‘s one-dimensional dribbling and the work rate of Arturo Vidal;
- The non-inclusion of Fabio Quagliarella (and why that’s a non-debate for Adam) and the peculiar & rare situation at Juve of having too many strikers;
You will notice the audio is pretty poor in this episode, an inconvenience for which we apologize. This was a one-time occurrence due to a technical problem (boy, have we heard that one before!) that has now been identified and resolved.
Thanks as always, and enjoy the show. It’s also available on iTunes.
Aaron, Adam, Lars, Marco, and Mike