Recorded a few days after the Inter game, Aaron, Marco, and Lars get together to discuss an epic and extremely satisfying win for the Bianconeri at the San Siro.
The boys talk about Juve’s ability at converting their few chances in an otherwise very even game, discussing the team’s tactical disposition, the great performance of Ale Matri and the sometimes risky business of Andrea Pirlo. We also stop to examine a much-talked about event (but less so had Inter tied or won the game): was IT a penalty?
Moving on to the Napoli preview, the Azzurri’s long-term masterplan to ruin Juventus is finally revealed (it features a long-haired Brazilian), and we examine the great counter-attacking battle than Sunday’s game promises to be.
No Adam or Mike this week. And no mentions of Poulsen’s family either. Instead, an idea for a really interesting TV Pilot, discovered almost by accident by Aaron and set to air soon featuring our lovable Dane and Italian-Canadian. Check your local listings.
Here are the topics of conversation for this week’s episode:
- The Inter game:
- Impressions of the team’s performance, particularly Juve’s cynicism in front of net;
- The Man-of-the-Match: Matri, Marchisio, or Lichtsteiner?
- Andrea Pirlo: sub-par performance by genius standards and… a few more brainfarts;
- The 4-3-3 / 4-2-3-1: a very good tactical display;
- Castellazzi’s foul on Marchisio… penalty? (referee Rizzoli later declared this week: yes);
- Italy and the culture of conspiracy theories;
- The Napoli preview:
- Amauri: A 10-year masterplan to ruin Juve;
- The key in scoring first against the counter-attacking masters;
- The battle on the wings: facing Maggio/Zuniga;
- Alessandro Del Piero: a very useful cameo against Inter and the art of drawing the foul;
- Luca Toni: banned from
Thanks as always, and enjoy the show.
Please remember to read our preview for Sunday’s match (to be posted soon), and that our pod is also available on iTunes.
Aaron, Adam, Lars, Marco, and Mike